Quote:

I'm a seasoned veteran of these roller jobs before using Tremclad and the technique just like he said. Always came out great!!! Especially when you live in an apt complex and can't make too much of a stink in the building. It do work good!

One note though where I have to disagree... I went to repaint one of my cars that were rollered in Tremclad, this was years ago too, and when I sanded the tremclad, it found it clogged the sandpaper up bad and found it very gummy...(rust paint never really hardens, and thats why it rolls out so smooth) maybe the paint has improved over the years but my experience is that if you ever decide to repaint it in a proper automotive paint then you'll have to strip the car down...

I have used the Duplicolor to spray too, that worked awesome as well...

did you use mineral spririts to thin down the paint? i think that is the key to get the paint to "harden" when i first tried this paint 12 years ago i did notice that it never really got hard, but i can say that all the other jobs i did starting with my 74 orange beetle i used mineral spirits to thin the paint, that seemed to be the trick, weather it was over-night or a year later the paint reached the right "hardness" the mineral spirits seemed to "flash" the paint, much like a reducer would on a acrylic enamel. i have painted a car over with the rust paint and had macco to a cheepy paint job that was a single stage, they had no issues to sand the paint, but i do know what you're describing, that happened to me when i did'nt use mineral spirits as a reducer. letterally overnight it is completely dry and i wetsand the next day.