Quote:

On the "professional" rustoleum test area, just today I noticed that in one small area, the paint appears to be doing something very strange. Here is a picture. It's bubbling up or something here, and it super easy to scrape off. Any ideas what may be going on?

The "standard" rustoleum area can be seen in the 2nd picture, and it still looks good besides all the scratches I've put in it with various things, but mostly my fingernail. The final coat was applied 3 weeks ago to the day, and I can still scratch it easily. Either it will do something magical in the last week, or perhaps it will take a bit longer. I really hope it gets harder than it is. The weather has been cool and wet which I'm sure doesn't help.

Unless I can figure out the problem with the professional side (nothing is coming to mind..) I'll probably go with the standard, if it dries and hardens adequately.

EXIT1965- i think that bubbling is a reaction to something like oil or some residue left under the paint. that is why i clean the surface with mineral spirits before painting. it will get rock hard, i'd bet money on it, it just takes time. also before you paint, sand with a coarse grit like 200 then paint. after about 2 coats the scratches will disappear. i would use the standard paint not the professional. the paint definatly will harden to a rock hard finish, the cold weather will not help speed that up.