Quote:

JeffS - EXCELLENT! I have two gallons of the Masstone Tint Base but the local HD paint guys were a little iffy when I asked what colors they could make for me. I'll print this chart out and ask them if they have the same on file. I'm still not sure what color I want, but this will definitely help.

Rick, I never went to the paint counter at HD to ask about tinting the masstone base, but I am not confident that they'll necessarily know what the heck they're doing. Your statement that they seemed "iffy" just reinforces that. If you have a place in your town that sells industrial paints, they can probably tint it there.

I was at home depot looking at the gallon of masstone tint base, and it says max VOC 400. Well right now, in california there is a 350 VOC limit. Maybe it's just old stock so if I get some I should do it quick.. but you know the can said thin with Acetone only. It said not to thin for rolling (not that we would listen to them!) but I wonder if mineral spirits would be OK with the stuff.