Quote:

Speaking of heat, anyone know how well the paint holds up on the hood or in the engine bay? I wonder if it can get too hot and cause things to happen to the paint.

if you know anything about Air cooled VW Beetles, you'll know that those engines run really damm hot, the exhaust is right under the rear apron in the back, 6yrs, no issues with the paint/heat on my 74 beetle. on my dads 71 dark blue beetle in the pics, the single stage is holding up to the heat, but you can see it's a bit dried out. the heat in old beetle in the back and under the engine lid is insane, you could run a set of headders on a mopar 1" from the paint with no issues, heck i'd even bet it would live on headders. i have yet to see a vw beetle painted with BC/CC survive on the back of a VW, almost allways cracks after a few months. heat is not a issue, you will never see the heat in a mopar engine compartment as you would in a old VW, they run oil temps of about 220-240*deg F, and the engine compartment ambient temps reach well over what you would see in a mopar, don't forget they are air cooled, there's no rad, just a oil cooler.