Quote:

I want to buy the Tremclad since this is what you used & seems to have held up well. I guess I could try rustoleum on a fender I have laying around & see what happens, but don't want to wait months to see if it cures & doesn't peel.

It shouldn't take months. The "professional" rustoleum I used, at this point in time (I think approx 2 weeks after painting) I can't scratch off to the surface. I can put scratches in it, but I can't peel it off the surface. It can only get harder and will probably do so according to what I've read/heard. I can still scratch off the standard rustoleum, but I think there were surface prep issues there. I think I will use the professional stuff when I get around to painting my Dart. hopefully I can get started within a month from now as I want to get all the bodywork done before I paint anything. The painting will be the easy part..

To be safe you could use the professional rustoleum which you can get in cans (quarts and some colors in gallons, as well as sprays) at Lowes. If you apply it right it should not peel by 2 weeks and (I hope!) be rock hard after a month or so.