Originally Posted by CMcAllister
Originally Posted by jcc
" Some people do stupid stuff under stress."

You are a bright guy, anybody who has watched the movie Titanic, any version, should understand that clearly, people have agendas, saving lives is not always high up on the list.

A suspicious, skeptical person, who has been paying attention, would tend to think it's all about causing pain and assigning the blame elsewhere leading up to November, and worry about fixing it after that.

But that would mean abuse of power and putting agenda - and their own star - ahead of the welfare of their states and citizens. They wouldn't do that, would they? shruggy work confused

Yeah I'm starting to wonder if this isn't what is going on. When the restrictions first started showing up I was on board since it was clear that the virus was spreading quickly when people were in large groups such as sporting events. But shutting down barbershops seemed a little over the top and then it morphed into arresting people who were sunbathing by themselves and telling families that they couldn't go boating on a nice day and now I think we're at a point where a handful of the governors have lost their minds and become little tyrants. I'm not sure if it is because they are just tapping into their inner tyrant of if they have a purpose in mind. Could be either one. I'm thinking the problem will take care of itself in a few weeks since it is only a few of the governors so they are somewhat exposed by their actions. But they do seem to be hard headed, more willing to argue than accept feedback. From my perspective they are damaging their political futures but they must have people telling them differently.

I'm not personally impacted by this to a large degree since my business doesn't have retail customers. If I owned a barbershop though I'd be skirting the rules and having customers come in the backdoor. If I owned a movie theater I'd probably be shut down since that would be hard to make work. I feel bad for guys who have their life savings tied up in restaurants and bars. It would be tough to watch everything you worked for just melt away.