Originally Posted by DaveRS23

So, I think that I agree with most of your post with the correction that rural areas without much infection should never have been locked-down and should be re-opened ... NOW ... not incrementally.

I've been following a lot of your posts in this thread and find myself agreeing with a lot of the points you've been making as well. I'm just not too sure about the immediately reopening of everything. SRT raised a very valid point also in the fact that you won't be able to stop people from jumping county borders to get access to services that are still closed in their own counties.

Maybe the reopening does still have to be handled on a State wide basis, but instead of classifying businesses as essential or non-essential to society based on the services they provide, all businesses capable of adhering to distancing standards should open (with reduced interior occupancy capacity) across the board. Keeping it even handed should reduce incentives for people moving about.

Having the State tell someone because they sell seeds they're nonessential, but having the recreational pot outlets open always struck me as horseshit.

1987 Fifth Avenue - 512/518/D60