I've watched a few of the presentations on tv with trump and his team. The ones I've seen do not contain much info and It appeared to me the experts spent little time providing any data and the two elected guys that talked the most should have deferred to the experts more. I can't believe the predicament Fauci or Birk must feel during those presentations. Us talking about a couple chemicals that appear now to have little significance on treatment might better be treated as the committee, shelved. The chemicals don't work effectively, the committee had no purpose other than a vehicle for other presentations perhaps best handled on-line or in the states where they are moving to "open".
I can't be the only one here that feels there are clouds darkening on the horizon. They are not transparent . Only once they pass will we know wth happened.

Edit: Appears one of the larger economies in the world (Japan ) has slipped into recession (first time in 4 1/2 yrs). With many things "frozen" right now offering populace here a breather from the now growing burden of deferred payments and reduced or no pay. Our daughters family just closed on a house and moved in the first of May. Back in Dec, and again in Jan, I suggested they rent and wait as prices seemed jacked up by the $ pump operating overtime. Home prices and the equity created ran up prices and also gave owners $ to tap. Even at low interest rates that money consumed on inflated real estate needs to be paid back. With jobs down and some businesses being shuttered some may find it difficult to get back on top. Not posted as doom and gloom, I'm hoping the best for my and others and their families.
I see a very difficult task for the leadership. We seem to have spent our nat'l nest egg and can only further encumber our heirs. I can only think of something similar to Public Works Administration that came about during the depression as part of the New Deal of 1933. I also think many of the modern conveniences some of todays youth behold will be scaled back.
I posted this as I try to look forward and as an engineer seek solutions. We'll get through the pandemic, the election will be over and it will be us to decide how to get this train wreck back on the tracks.
As bad as the data on the fallout of the illness (i.e. now it's birx vs the cdc and powell) not everything falls on the bug. This has been brewing. Again, it's us that has to figure how to get whole and complete.

Last edited by srt; 05/18/20 12:24 AM.