Seems the plan should be to minimize deaths, find a vaccine and to formulate a safe and viable means to create some new economic model.
I cannot see society of January 2020 in January 2021. Packed concerts, theaters, black fridays, sport stadiums, PooF, gone.
Is anyone working on a model to re-open? Pumping $ into businesses that will not be here next year is a very bad idea.There is a lot of "shopping" and "services" that I do not think will adapt and survive. Good chance it's time for some business to up their internet presence or plan on shutting doors.
I cut my hair last night, no gouges and my wife didn't notice, so, had to be pretty good. I've been doing it for a few years now since the local barber closed shop. I sewed a face mask to use when shopping, my mom was a seamstress and taught me how to not sew my fingers to fabric back in the 60's, the skill came back easily. I already do my own mechanical, carpentry, gardening and vegetable gardening. I can't cobble shoes, yet have many pairs new and old. What I'm getting at is everyone can make do for awhile without risking making it to January 2022 (hope for a vaccine by then).
I spent the day pruning olive trees and cutting suckers from fruit trees and contemplated the recent news reports of cities/counties/states re-opening their economies. It has to happen, it will undoubtedly place more people in the position to be a statistic (ill/dead/recovered). The young may do o.k. the business owners will be the most prone. I also do not see a scene like the start of a horse race, the gates will open and shyness will prevail, there will be no lemming-like rush off a cliff. Statistics will likely climb and people and/or the govt may be placed in the position to shut down again, and spend more. It's hard to say that some businesses need to realize the end was last month.
Fortunately, we cannot change the past, we can guide the future, and certainly each individual can make the personal choice to lay low and get through this.