Originally Posted by 360view
Can’t win either way?

Researcher claims isolation weakens immune system and makes respiratory diseases more likely...

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-07-self-isolation-susceptibility-covid-.html

Sample quote

Cohen has spent his career examining the impact of different behavioral, social and psychological factors on the development of upper respiratory illnesses. Through a series of viral challenge studies, he examined how such factors can affect whether or not healthy adults exposed to respiratory viruses become ill. His work has focused on eight viral strains that cause a common cold (rhinovirus types 2, 9, 14, 21, 39 and Hanks, as well as respiratory syncytial virus and corona virus 229E) and two that cause influenza (A/Kawasaki/86 H1N1; and A/Texas/36/91).

"The focus on the pandemic up until now has been changing behaviors to avoid exposure to the virus," said Cohen. "In our work, we intentionally exposed people to cold and influenza viruses and studied whether psychological and social factors predict how effective the immune system is in suppressing infection, or preventing or mitigating the severity of illness."

Cohen's work has pointed to the importance of social and psychological factors in the development of infection and illness. This work may hold clues to the health implications of the on-going quarantine.

End quote

Well, I am gonna go out and lick door handles around town.
wink

If you look at most of the data from States with high infection rates, it seems that the majority of infected were stay at home/quarantined individuals... I've been sayin this from the start, cowering in seclusion just makes the community/individual more "weak/susceptible" to disease, I think Covid19 is a "pill" that society soon needs to swallow to get over/past it, waiting it out and or hoping for a miracle vaccine is a joke at best portrayed on the human condition, and if the collateral damage in body count is high, that's mother nature's survival of the fittest... harsh perhaps, but reality...