Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
It seems like an extreme over-reaction is in play. Just how lethal is this to an otherwise healthy person? Is Tom Hanks dead yet?
It was such a good thing, seeing so many enjoying the fruits of this great economy. This media induced panic could destroy it.

Probably not lethal to an otherwise healthy person. The problem is those healthy people pass it on to people that have underlying medical conditions and the elderly. Consider this, the virus was first identified in one province in China in late November. In less than 4 months it has spread around the entire earth. So when you say things like that what you are really saying is, so what? It's OK that the sick and elderly die.

what I want to know is, what is the difference between this virus and every other flu and pneumonia virus that is continually circulating, killing tens of thousands of people in our country every year? Why is this the one that has to have the major panic and over-reaction? Why not any of the others?

Did Tom Hanks die?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"