Originally Posted by 360view
Originally Posted by Jjs72D
360View himself posts 20 links to articles each day, almost as if he is a paid poster here only doing it for the money. wave

A classic tactic for delivering misinformation is to bombard people with conflicting reports.

I am not a paid poster.
I average posting here on this tread about 4 articles concerning coronaviruses.
I do speed read through many times more articles, the majority of them not on coronavirus.

I agree that some of the medical articles conflict with each other, maybe 15% to 30%, but that is not unusual.

50% of the financial and political articles conflict with one another.

It is presently a huge issue in worldwide science that
40% or more of the published experimental results claimed
cannot be “reproduced” by other scientists carefully following the original instructions.

It was previously assumed that a published experiment could be repeated 20 times and come out the same way 19 times. This is the so-called P=0.05, or said another way: 95% confidence interval.

Hacking is not just happening in the computer and internet world,
so called P-Hacking is happening at universities by those seeking jobs, money and the “tenured professor” status that can mean you have a lifetime job.

My original purpose in posting COVID-19 articles was that
I was going to read them to potentially protect myself
as an older man with one pre-existing medical condition (skipping heart beat since birth)
and I thought many Moparts members were “in the same boat.

Relax, Paul Revere got a lot of flack about waking up the neighborhood.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.