Originally Posted by jcc
We are still hearing newly released/discovered on details (cover-ups) about WW2, That will never change, All governments number one goal is self preservation of their authority, no matter how democratic they appear to be. But time is of the essence to minimize cover-ups expanding. It comes down to risk vs reward in a pandemic, and how far into the future one wants to protect.

On another maybe COVID related note, visited the local Walmart this AM, when passing thru the electronics/TV dept, the shelves were nearly bare (2?) of 40"+ TV's, I have never seen that before. Has there been a run with on big TV's with Stimulus checks and everybody staying at home?

They were walking the big TV's out the door at SAMS the Sat after my check arrived...
Along with Alaska King Crab & 20oz Lobster tails.

Remember only the people actually laid off really "need" the $1200....
People who are well off likely do not... Retired people with a pension/SS have not seen any change in income (though many could use it anyway) People on Welfare or disability, likewise have not seen any change in their income... and also get a check.

Those that need it are going to spend it on food... but for the large number of people it's just "Free Money". It was a poorly thought out plan... It should have been tied more closely to the loss of actual income.

On a seperate note... new Covid figures released today for my State (PA) now show "68%" of all Covid Deaths have occurred in Nursing Homes & Retirement communities. Up from 65%. My county is low at only 9%, but right next door in Lancaster county, 88% of all the deaths were in nursing homes. Good thing he who is running the State, decided to follow NY's lead & send Covid positive patients back to the homes. It's managed to free up a couple of thousand rooms for new residents... so far... whistling..