Originally Posted by srt
Think about what you are saying and apply it to our populace. In a democratic republic the majority makes decisions. Do you want 10% making decisions on your behalf?
This has nothing to do about me (I'd class myself a Constitutionalist with roots back to before the revolution and some of the first European settlers in so Canada and upstate New York).
Look at the protests going on and who is participating. I'm suggesting you do not simply look at the segment wanting fewer restrictions. There are protests going on that hold similar numbers of protesters that may incur costs we all and generations to come will pay for. Think about it. Being distracted by pandemodium does not often have the outcome one desires.
P>S> The founding Fathers (my relatives) had the backing of their neighbors and a majority of the populace. One was hid from British Soldiers for over a year in the RI and New England. The protesters of today would do good to expand their ranks an develop a unified and workable solution.
P>P>S> We reserve the right to vote them out. What's happened is many lemmings have detached themselves from the day to day operations and have deferred to others holding only their own interests. Ever think abut why laws now pretty much restrict lobbying to corporations?
Lastly the ideals as quoted by John adams:
Government is instituted for the common good; for the protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness of the people; and not for profit, honor, or private interest of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, the people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government; and to reform, alter, or totally change the same, when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it.

All the above presented as current events, as History and personal History, and NOT politics.

Heck no I don’t want the 10% but right now we have the 1%. My sister in Florida (68 years old) is at the dentist getting her teeth cleaned. This morning she went to the gym. Sunday she went to her church and Friday she had her hair done. You can stay in your shell if you chose but others want to live life rather than die a prisoner.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time