Originally Posted by Jjs72D
Manufacturing jobs will be filled when we quit preaching to the youth that Everyone needs a college education.and also quit giving handouts to the able bodied that can work.

1. Nobody here is "preaching", those are your words.
2. Nobody can make much of case that getting a college education is almost universally not a life time advantage, personally and societal.
3. "needs" is again your word
4. Everybody is not College material, its not directly related to ones basic intelligence as much as their personal mindset/demeanor/gumption ( my words)
5. The real problem IMO, those that cannot afford college, that might greatly benefit from it, are capable of handling it, can't achieve it, and society pays a hidden cost for that shortfall.

A. "Handouts" are often in the eye of the beholder, this is a charitable nation for centuries, to those in true need, corporate hand outs do blur the lines, and because there are those that always will abuse any system, I am still not willing to turn my back on those that are hurting because a few slip thru.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.