Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda
Originally Posted by MR_P_BODY
This is from your article

Updated to clarify that cuts to programs intended to fight epidemics globally did not take place.
Updated to clarify that the 2018 reductions in CDC efforts referenced were a result of the anticipated depletion of previously allotted funding, not a direct cut by the Trump administration.
EDIT
This was DIRECT from your post.. zero words changed
wave

RMCHRGER....what Mr P Body posted here is true. Are you going to address this? The point you were trying to make with your “facts” in in serious factual error.

You messed up.

Sure. I never said anything about CDC funding. I was talking about the National Pandemic Response office which was part of the National Security Council. That was why the article mentioned John Bolton. It's original intent was to have a high-level team in place to respond to an imminent threat of an infectious disease outbreak. That office had nothing to do with the CDC. If I had to guess, the article referenced the rumored CDC funding cuts as part of a broader narrative but thankfully it didn't happen.

But yeah, I'm done. Please, no applause...

I'll admit I tried to stay away for a few days but got drawn back in. Frankly though, it gets tiresome arguing these things. The polarization of our culture is so evident in everything we talk about now, it's pointless to try and convince anyone of anything, including myself. I wish that wasn't the case and we could have more civil discourse without all the finger pointing, questioning of references and raw, entrenched attitudes. We need to find some common ground in this country or it's going to destroy us. You would think suffering through a pandemic would be something we could all unite behind but clearly that's not happening. In a way I kinda miss the days of Walter Cronkite on the evening news, was a much simpler time.

Stay safe.

'71 Duster
'17 Ram 1500