Originally Posted by CMcAllister

[quote]Tell that to cop the next time he tells you to stay in your car

The policeman is looking out for his own safety for the short amount of time we are interacting. He is not forcing me to stay home, go broke, or not make any money for 3 months. One is okay, I understand. The other would be unwarranted and definitely not be okay.

Sorry one size does not fit all. Not to go off topic, years back I was stopped in small town for not having rear taillights on my towed trailer, I disagreed with the LEO, I could see them reflected on his bumper. After giving him my DL, I popped the door to verify the taillights for myself, he ordered my to stay in the car. I said how am I going to see my taillight problem, He said "that is your problem" and gave me a ticket. Judge threw it out, when officer said they were working but "not bright" (more BS), but didn't know how bright they are supposed to be.

Weeks later, in a driving rain in same town at night, after driving thru a number of deep puddles, my, unbeknownst to me, right headlight exploded I guess from the cold rain water splashing up from behind, I got stopped in same small town, by multiple LEO's, They would not approach my vehicle, with nearby highway traffic it was hard to clearly hear what the LEO was saying from a distance thru an open window behind me, not wanting to get shot for mistakenly "going for a weapon" BS, I asked him to repeat what he ordered, "Get out of the car" . Yea, its all about LEO safety, to heck with mine. And I didn't get a ticket, I carry a spare bulb.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.