Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by Jjs72D
Originally Posted by nss guy
I would like to see the number of all deaths in the US no mater the cause for April 2019 vs April 2020. I think this would give a more accurate picture of what impact Covid-19 has had.

Excellent idea. My suspicion is that the overall death count will be less this year as compared to 2019.

I can't see how the overall death rate for the USA would be less in 2020 than in 2019, but it is possible that some states will see lower deaths in 2020 than in 2019. There are a few states in the west where that might be true as of today. Not sure it will still be true on Dec 31st, but last I saw it was true for a few states. NY is the one state that is really blowing up the curve for the US.

My point was that with so many of us that at least initially complied with staying inside, there is surely fewer people dying from car accidents and other accidents. Fewer deaths from all sources. The CDC just released a report stating that their revised numbers show that the actual death count and survival rates of this virus are FAR different from original estimates. Something like .024% death rate. Yeah, these Wolf-Crying idiots wrecked economies and locked people away for this.