Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by Kippy
Hospitalized nursing home residents who were now stable enough to be allowed to return to a nursing home should have been tested for Covid 19. The directive from the Dept of health in NY at the time prohibited that. Obviously a mistake. The notion that New Yorkers caused Floridians to become infected is with out merit. NYC airports take in people from all over the world. NYC in it of itself is a major hub of the entire nation. People come to the city and continue onto destinations all over the country including Florida. One of the biggest reasons NYC had such a major breakout of the virus is its huge mass transit system.
I would suggest that the finger pointing we see all too often would serve us better if it was stoped.
However what we see now is a failure to accept responsibility and move on to solve a crisis instead of shifting blame and we see it at the highest levels of government.
One might stop being spoon fed by various news media outlets and actually instead read and research rather then play the political agenda BS card. I can get enough of that on a car forum over in that [censored] house called the FBBO. That being the major reason I enjoy this forum so much that what goes on there isn't allowed here, or so I hoped
Apologies to moderators for language.

"With out merit" you say, Why then are New Yorkers still banned from hotels in Florida?

BTW, how many New Yorkers headed to Montana at the start of this pandemic?

I'm not IMO pointing fingers, just mentioning that travel restrictions earlier from hot spots would have likely slowed the progression. You can decide who was responsible for that dereliction of duty or lack of understanding how COVID spreads nationally timely.

BTW, I mentioned very early on in this(?) thread how neighborhoods were full of visiting family's with cars, in the now known counties in Fla with, highest COVID cases, having often New York and New Jersey Plates.

Your comment on lack of merit, lacks merit IMO.