The food situation could be part of the 2020 new deal. Rather than funneling huge amounts of $ through layers of profit-taking to make roads black perhaps the concept of co-operative farming should be explored. Instead of handing out money to those without jobs let them earn it. Quit subsidizing tobacco, and other corporate owned endeavors and instead invest in getting people off their can.
This virus laid upon a handicapped economy has created the situation we need to not go down the same path we know does not work.
I shudder to think about home values and low interest. Homes are selling for twice their construction cost and people are paying for their homes padded with the cost of last years entertainment and dinners out. I cannot figure how young families are going to get out of the rut of the past few years and the chasm of cv19.
Sure, I digress and drift, I worked hard and know what worked for me and I do not see society poised to move forward without attaching themselves to the hard workers that live with few luxuries.