That's laughable. Many people live pretty much social distanced day in and day out. My day consisted of shop work in the morning, then after 11 am lunch, garden, red diesel run for tractors and heating, mowing lawns until 6 with a walk behind until 6pm.
Note the numbers in my post, and compare them to 1918. I can't imagine they had good distribution of information back then or a good understanding of virus life cycle. I also imagine it mutated and perhaps re-infection occurred. I've walked through historic cemetery's, it is mind boggling to see entire family plots filled in 1, 2 or 3 years with people of all ages.
There is a good chance the toll would be incomprehensible (and include my and your family and friends) should no shut down have occurred.
IIrc, any self employed can continue their work with their family members in their facilities. Problem is most people have become dependent on other people to give them a livelihood. Here many businesses are deemed essential and almost all are looking for employees. It's a little unsettling but low odds of getting the virus here as there are few (3) infected. I see the county where Phoenix lies has 1,559 coronavirus cases with 37 deaths (in 4.5m? people) w/o sheltering wouldn't that number be much bigger?