Originally Posted by jcc
Florida might be the next NY in this crisis. eek

Unfortunately, everywhere is going to be 'the next New York". fan

Though many of the major cities down there have closed down on their own, Florida is bananas for not having ordered people state wide to stay home yet. So many elderly people down there, its awful to think what the "numbers" could look like in the coming weeks. Apparently the Governor based the decision of not going to state-wide lock down on the idea that there are "unknown risks of extended confinement". This is despite the now obvious "known risk" of not enforcing social distancing being death. Makes sense.

Week two of isolation in our house seems to be going OK. We are doing pretty well with food and supplies though at some point soon we are going to need to stock up on a few perishables. Kids have gotten used to home school and in fact, our oldest has surprised us at how well he has adapted to it. My wife keeps saying that she is busier than ever trying to keep up with everything at work. She has been using a program called Zoom for her work meetings but we also used it on Sunday to video chat with our friends and our youngest sees his friends for recess with it. Works well, it helps to see people.

Working on my car a bunch but seems by the time I am able to get out there I'm wiped out from corralling the kids all day. Wife has had endless, hours-long meetings for two days so I have been on solo duty a lot. Its nice to be in the garage by myself though whether I am accomplishing things or not.

We are still seeing groups of our neighbors in close proximity walking by our house. Some are friends who we care about but it's hard to wrap your head around the idea that at this point they are still letting their kids play with other families etc. One of them seemed fairly adamant she would be back to work in the city (NYC) by the 13th. OK!

Today I spoke with someone I know fairly well on the phone who has the virus. He is a lawyer and is often in court in a busy urban area so guess he was at a higher risk of exposure. Didn't get into too much detail and he did not need to be hospitalized but said he was really sick last week, to the point of not being able to return phone calls. (do lawyers ever return calls?) Thankfully he is feeling better now and seems to be through the worst of it. Scary to think that a relatively young (50s) and healthy person would become really sick so fast but that's really what makes this so serious.

'71 Duster
'17 Ram 1500