Originally Posted by 70plymA34
Originally Posted by 360view
ER doctor in the Bronx on what he saw, and what he believes should be done next:

https://nypost.com/2020/04/27/ive-w...-and-i-say-its-time-to-start-opening-up/

I am not knocking this doctor or what he is saying but he leaves out some key points. One key point is that Loads of sick people are still dying in there homes never making it to a hospital, therefore keeping the new admissions of critical patients down.

The way things are is if you find your sick loved one unresponsive and call for an ambulance, the first responders will give life sustaining care (CPR, meds, Defibrillation etc.). This patient care is given for 20 minutes and if they can get you back you go to the hospital for further care. If they can't get the person back they are pronounced dead right in their home. If the patient has obvious signs of death (dep. lividity, decomposition, etc) when the ambulance or fire crew arrives then they are pronounced immediately. The sad part is that the medical examiners office is still backed up so the families end up waiting hours and in extreme cases a day or more with their deceased loved one in their residence before they are removed. I guess the 20 minute rule is better than what the NYSDOH wanted to enact "No pulse-no patient care". Thank god that protocol was not followed in NYC and hopefully no where else in the state either.

Another point this doctor mentioned was that most people are avoiding the healthcare system reducing new admissions. Well he is DAMN right. The hospitals in NYC are the last places i want to be in this climate. When you have our great doctors and nurses not adequately protected, then what the hell do you think could possibly happen to you. Plenty of cancer patients and others with compromised immune systems under care in the hospitals caught this and guess what, most are in bad shape or GONE....

Don't brag but be grateful if your towns and cities had a minimal infection rate and/or death rate. It sucks that everything is shutdown and a lot of people in places not seriously affected have had there livelihoods turned upside down. I do feel for you. I know for NY its gonna be a slow reopening when the time comes. Im not rushing to go to any of my favorite spots anytime soon.

If someone gave me a beautiful house in that area I wouldn’t even go to see it. I would have it appraised and it would be for sale ASAP. Not the lifestyle I care to live.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time