Originally Posted by DAYCLONA
Originally Posted by srt
The ventilator seems to have become the pandemics pariah. Or, is it a distraction to what is really needed?
Frankly I do not know what to believe regarding how well people do coming off a ventilator.

A small case study was done in New York just recently, 88% of those on a ventilator died during this "pandemic"...the avg ventilator patient's age was 63 years old

I think a more interesting study is one of the things China managed to share before going into complete denial mode.

The Chinese did NOT use ventilators the same way that we did... apparently they found that the old & weak responded better to the O2 tube down the throat via the nose, along with what sounded like C-pap type machines. They either recovered or they didn't... but they discovered early on that a ventilator was a death sentence. So they used them on younger healthier patients that went down hard. Now while we would look at this as "rationing" and technically it was... apparently it resulted in a higher % of ventilator patients living... as well as a slightly better survival rate among the old an weak. That is assuming anything that comes out of China can believed... I'm not sure it can... but I think we proved here that ventilators were a likely death sentence.