Originally Posted by Kippy
Florida represents one of the riskiest states to visit as of today due to their Governors lax approach to the Corona virus. You failed to supply any statistics to back that up. His loyalties seem less to his state and more to Washington. He is likely looking for a promotion has been floated As far as New Yorkers moving out of state, while im sure some may have I notice you failed to link any statistics supporting what you allege. And that proves what?
Getting back to Florida, that state has always had a large population which I may add support it through their tax dollars that travel and live there. during the cold northern winters. Many Canadians also reside there all winter long. Why not single them out as well? Because they were not a Hot spot at the time of contagion and locked down after the pandemic escalated, and in many areas, Canadians up picked and split for many mentioned reasons, like thier health care, etc.
Americans as well as foreigners travel to Florida constantly and especially in the winter, the fact that you single out New Yorkers is a fairly obvious tactic for fairly obvious reasons and it reeks of ignorance. Not sure what is so obvious. Got any statistics? So my "ignorance" includes not being able to properly read the state of issue of out of state license plates newly parked in driveways? Your quickness to call ignorance of another could easily support my use on my own unflattering comment, but that would not enhance the discussion other then inflame and maybe entertain. You aren't from or have any connection to NY, do you BTW?

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.