I guess I can take some comfort in knowing that I have better things in life to get upset about than the fact that a handful of low population states haven’t issued stay in home orders. It’s not like people from North Dakota and Wyoming are wandering the country as modern day Typhoid Marys spreading Covid 19 to urban areas. eyes
It’s been determined that the virus’s hotspot in the US, New York City, was seeded by travelers arriving from Italy. But let’s not let that fact get in the way of anyone pushing their thinly veiled political agendas.
The item at the top of my upset list is my moms assisted living place, which is near me in Evanston IL. I posted here early in this thread that several residents there were diagnosed. Just heard a few minutes ago a 3rd resident passed away out of 6 residents diagnosed at this point. angel Also one nurse has tested positive.
Since it’s been a month since their first several cases were diagnosed, I’d like to think her facility has got things under control to the best degree that is possible given that so many similar types facilities have seen a couple cases blow up to dozens of cases within a week. Nevertheless the situation has given me a lot to worry about.
16000 cases diagnosed here in IL so far with over 500 deceased. But they did just say that numbers are showing signs of leveling out here, which gives some hope.