So which expert do we blame for crashing the economy, 30M unemployed, businesses ruined, homes lost? Nobody put a gun to anybody's head to force anyone to pick any expert.
We collectively listen and weigh each one on their own merits. This is not and never will be an exact science in predicting a new pandemic. Anyone that thinks it is likely has an agenda for thie own purposes. Every choice in life has consequences. So who do we salute for having the gonads to warn us we could have been looking at a 1,000,000+ US deaths, and we needed to act, now? And what repercussions will he face? If you want to punish those trying to help society by making their best educated guess estimates, to what is effectively uncharted medical territory, you will soon find out, nobody is willing to sound the future alarm. Kinda like IMO, chastising the lookouts on the Titanic for scaring the passengers about an iceberg ahead on an "unsinkable brand new ship"

Very true. But for how long should we continue to act as if the "experts" know what they are doing, and trash the economy and people's lives ever more on their recommendation, after they've been as wrong as they can be? If a weatherman predicts a Cat 5 hurricane to hit Miami, the Governor will wisely respond and prepare accordingly. If that hurricane makes an early turn and the worst predictions fail to materialize, people are thankful. And they aren't mad about being prepared for the big one. But 7 weeks after the storm has passed, emergency preps and orders for the hurricane are not still in effect and being enforced. shruggy And if they were, people would be pi$$ed. And here we are.

I'm not critisizing the initial response. I am criticizing some of these governors continuing to vigorously enforce them for reasons related to their own agendas that have zero to do with any intelligent decisions based on COVID.

Tell that to cop the next time he tells you to stay in your car

The policeman is looking out for his own safety for the short amount of time we are interacting. He is not forcing me to stay home, go broke, or not make any money for 3 months. One is okay, I understand. The other would be unwarranted and definitely not be okay.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 05/19/20 05:43 PM.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.