Originally Posted by ChryCoGuy
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by ChryCoGuy

Are you suggesting that people don't recover from COVID-19? I haven't seen a study that confirms that yet, just speculation.

Even the Johns Hopkins map includes data on recovered cases - which are considered to be inactive cases IMHO.

No my point was mainly, nobody knows, and society has been behind the curve of its progression since day 1, and it ain't over, except it appears for those who do want to guess/speculate.

Regarding herpes, a person infected can easily spread it to other places on their bodies, eyes being the worst, and herpes can be infectious with almost no symptoms of the carrier.

I see your point, and yes it's true that nobody knows completely how it's going to play out. I also understand the other side of the coin, and that's that the economy won't stand a complete shut down for too long, and other countries who have done better at getting through it (by appearances anyhow) are watching what happens. I do think there's a real risk in opening too soon, but maybe once we know more about the disease it will be alright, like spend tons of money to keep it out of nursing homes, and improve working conditions for people who have to work too closely together and it will be alright - but you're right, we don't know. It is a risk that IMHO could go either way.

I don't see the point of bringing herpes into the conversation though, as there are many diseases that act in different ways that could be discussed. Unless herpes is somehow related to coronavirus (I really don't know).

As far as the politics go, it's a taboo subject here, but that's fine with me because I have always hated politics. I firmly believe we need some kind of strong leader to lead the country, and some sort of check and balance (like congress and the senate), but all the discourse that is rampant now just gets in the way of getting anything done. Both sides duke it out for their own BS reasons, leaving the rest of the people in the middle without any real leadership. I hate politics, and BS.

I knew I was going to regret getting involved in this thread... frown

The use of herpes was to make the point, some diseases are life long, and we are never certain when they are "active or "inactive", herpes being I thought a well known example.
I repeat , at this point, nobody knows for certain about COVID, common sense not with standing, and those that do, are just prime candidates for the monthly Dunning-Kruger award IMO.

And not to avoid the economic price the world might pay, just understand, there are no guarantees, and we live in the wealthiest nation today on the planet, and if choosing between the chance of losing one's life to a horrible demise all alone, vs in the absolute worse case starting completely over, my choice is clear for me, its only stuff. I have no pretensions anyone should agree with me.

edit, don't regret getting involved, you have shared your position well it seems, just some see a different perspective, there is no right or wrong on the topic as I see it, yet. biggrin

Last edited by jcc; 05/12/20 10:14 AM.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.