Originally Posted by CMcAllister
Can you quantify that?

Do you comprehend the destruction being done to this country every day that it remains closed? Debt, unemployment, businesses forced to close, people being spoon fed doomsday propaganda? And the relatively small number of deaths compared to what we were told could/would happen and prepared for? If not then there's no sense in even debating it. I hate to be cold and matter-of-fact about people's families and their loses, but how many less people dying would have it have taken for you to say, "Nope, don't need to destroy the country"s economy and the lives of healthy people for that"? Can you quantify that?

The point that is missed is that governors have had to rise to the challenge because there has been no leadership at the top.

Not even close. Air travel from China was closed late in January - while China was allowing air travel from Wuhan to go internationally but not to other cities in China - and people screamed and yelled 'racism" and xenophobia" at the time. They ain't yelling that now, are they.

The major decisions were left to the states - Idaho knows what it needs better than anyone, same with Florida, NY, etc. Governors know - or should have known - what resources they have, what they need, etc. The federal government can't be everyone's Mommy. There are things better done at that level.

It's not the Presidents fault that so many Governors are agenda driven drones who are all in on fixing the upcoming election, even if it means trashing the nation to get it done.

In a normal world, our leaders would be working with governors to keep the public safe, but that's not what's going on.

Driving a hospital ship up to NY harbor, having the CoE build makeshift hospitals, rounding up equipment after they auctioned their's off, and having it all under-utilized is not working with Cuomo to help keep the public safe? On what planet? The only Governors I see trashing Mr.T are the one's who want to be Creepy Joe's running mate or be in his cabinet.

one governor made an executive decision to purchase virus tests from a foreign country because he wasn't getting what he needed from DC,

I wasn't aware that Mr.T was running the CDC. I thought that was being taken care of by the "experts". What I have seen is government red tape and dawdling cut through and a teaming up with private businesses to respond, get tests, equipment, and $#!^ done at a level and speed not seen since WWII. That's what has happened and I don't care if CNN and MSLSD feel the need to lie about it, or not.

You forget, the Chinese lied and covered this up for months, allowed sick people to fly all over the world and when spit hit the fan, this virus had a real head start, We started with knowing very little about what we were dealing with just a few months ago. I think we've made fantastic, historic strides, getting things done in weeks the used to take years. Sorry if your friends at MSN are lying to you. Some of us are paying attention.

Oh just cut it out will ya!, truth, reality and facts have no place being discussed here... smile