Originally Posted by moparx
which test for covid is more reliable, a nasal swab or a blood draw, and why ?
sorry if this was covered pages and pages ago..........
beer

Last week I needed to spend multiple days with my 8 month pregnant daughter helping her and her immune suppressed husband do two house closings in one day and move all their belongings, with a nearby hurricane. I told them I would self quarantine a week before arriving, and take two Covid tests prior. The first test was, for reasons undisclosed, 5 days later, was "rejected", the second test a week later was lost, then found, and was negative. The third test was a "rapid" test I took the day before departing to my daughters, I stood in a line, outside, for over two hours, in the wind, with over a thousand? other people who also wanted a covid test, all up wind, under two hours later the test results indicated I was negative for covid. But if you read the fine print, the test mainly only indicates "accurately" a positive, to confirm a negative, they suggest one take a second, 5 day test.

I would say in the past 9 months, the most risky covid exposure I have had, was the taking of the rapid test. Go figure.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.