In Pennsylvania, using "official" numbers, 4420 have died attributed to COVID. The state number for those who were in nursing homes is 70%. That's 3100 in nursing homes where COVID patients were forced to be sent to keep the old folks company vs. 1320 who have died who were not in a nursing home. Worth trashing the economy to the tune of billions, closing businesses, lost businesses that will never reopen, 30% unemployment, missed diagnoses on other serious diseases and illnesses due to health system basically shut down, financial disaster for many families, suicides, substance abuse, etc,?

For comparison, in 2017, from CDC stats for leading causes of death in PA, numbers were 6667 for Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease (#5), and 2718 for flu/pneumonia (#9). Dying from either of those today would likely get you put on The List.

While the Governor's office and health department were forcing COVID patients to nursing homes, state health secretary Levine moved her/his 95 year old Mom out of a nursing facility and into a hotel. And he/she doesn't want to talk about it. I guess not. work

Restrictions in much of the state have been eased up with counties going from Red to Yellow status with the notable exception of two rural counties in the south central area being forced to stay red - with no real reason or jusification from Harrisburg. Why? Could it be that the popular, area state Senator has been a vocal critic of the Governor, filing suit against his restrictions, calling for people to open despite restrictions, calling the Governor out for a lack of information, transparency, fairness and for verbally assaulting locals for wanting restrictions lifted and threatening to open their businesses? Can't be, that would be an abuse of power.

Even my little county - with a vocal opponent of the Gov in the state senate - was delayed with our whopping 15 cases and zero deaths. We've likely lost a few family operated restaurants and shops over this. But we voted 85% against the guy so tough $#!* for us.

And you wonder why I am skeptical.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 05/18/20 02:01 PM.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.