Originally Posted by John Brown
Originally Posted by ChryCoGuy
Right. I don't get coming to a coronavirus thread just to tell people they are silly for worrying about coronavirus - unless that's his way of dealing with what's happening out there. People deal with stress in different ways, and denial is one of them.

I mean, the numbers on the graph I posted above indicate that the US was getting it in control, but now has thrown all that sacrifice to the people and the economy out the window, and opened things up too early. Now many states have had to halt their reopening plans because the infections, hospitalizations and deaths have started spiralling out of control again. Kind of a waste as it now will drag on a lot longer and the economy will suffer more than it has to, along with the people who are getting infected.

Half of the country will be fine with the economy staying in the dumpster till after November 3rd. That half doesn't care if the numbers on any charts are correct or real, or if people live or die, as long as they benefit.

I dunno if it's such a good idea to politicize it, though. I mean pick a strategy and go with it. Either do nothing about it and let herd immunity take place (if one is actually immune after one gets it - don't know if that's been proven yet) and accept the collateral damage (deaths, burned out healthcare workers, permanent health issues among many people, etc. etc. etc.), or just shut the heck down and let the curve fall like other countries have. Shutting down for awhile, killing the economy and then starting up before the cases have come down enough just amounts in more illness and a longer period of time where the economy will suffer... like a lose lose situation. IMHO.

But everything's so darn political these days I guess you can't escape it, so you will have people all over the place depending on what political brand they choose to follow. Which is ridiculous when you think of it.