Originally Posted by AndyF
Yes that does seem to be what is going on. Canada says 80% of their virus deaths are from nursing homes. I think in the USA it is around 40%. Here in Oregon almost every person who has died has been older than 60.

In Pennsylvania, the average age of death in general pre-COVID is 78.5. The average age of persons dying attributed to COVID is 79. The percentage of people dying of COVID who are in nursing homes is 70%. That means the number of people who have died in the state being attributed to COVID and not being in a nursing home is under 1400 in the state with a population of 12,500,000. Way down the top 10 list of causes of death. Not really a reason to panic for me. And the Governor still has some rural areas 100% shutdown because some local elected officials and business people called him out on his crap and threatened to open up anyway. Now he is punishing them for being disrespectful or some other "respect mah authoritah" crap.

I am not any more afraid of this than I have been in the past when it comes to the flu season. And I don't get flu shots. Vitamins, supplements, work at home rather than someplace full of sick people and I generally stay well. I refuse to live in fear of this kind of stuff. Life is too short to waste it hiding under the bed.

What I am afraid of is coming out the other side of this with everything I give a damn about being screwed up so bad it either ain't worth spit or out of business. Or Not being able to continue what I've been doing for years because no one is spending money. Or The economy trashed to the point where there is nothing left but just surviving and not losing everything. Or Having a bunch of new government agencies and nannies watching over us for our own good.

At that point, we can just say that the Chinese won.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 05/20/20 02:11 AM.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.