"Considering these numbers, one would not expect to see a governor from New Jersey, New York, or Massachusetts lecture these other states on their handling of the coronavirus. But that’s exactly what Gov. Cuomo did, claiming his state-ordered lockdown “saved lives” I missed the part that proved this incorrect and chastening governors who opened their economies. That chapter is not yet finished before ANYONE starts popping the Champagne

“I say to them all look at the numbers,” Cuomo said, referring to leaders in the states seeing rises in COVID-19 cases. “You played politics with this virus, and you lost. You told the people of this state, you told the people of this country, the White House, ‘Don’t worry about it. Go about your business.’” A big issue also not mentioned, NY was essentially the canary in the coal mine for the rest of the country regarding ventilators, PPE, therapeutics, testing, masks, social separation, etc, hard to expect them to match the other states/Feds that should have been paying attention as NY struggled.

Cuomo makes no mention of the social costs of the economic lockdowns—mass unemployment, widespread bankruptcy, and surging mental health deterioration, drug abuse, and global poverty. Nor does he mention his state’s catastrophically high COVID death toll" Also not mentioned, is the timeline of the REAL implementation of the Fed financial assistance that trickled down after many weeks to the those actually dealing with "mass unemployment, widespread bankruptcy, and surging mental health deterioration, drug abuse, and global poverty." The states NY is being compared to citizens are suffering at a time when those financial programs are already known and in full force, which NY did not have, and uncertainty is a major stressor for those living pay check to paycheck and out of work. Typical propaganda, selected facts chosen for one's agenda and omission of those facts counter to one's agenda.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.