Wow, Mr P, sorry to hear what happened there. Sure sounds like you live in a tight knit berg. Please be safe and help those you can.
Our extended family (we're some of the the oldsters) consists of 9 siblings and their spouses, kids, grandkids and gr grand kids. At some birthday gatherings we have more relatives than residents of your town. Not all live in the area, but most within a couple hours drive. We all are pretty careful and fortunately have dodged bullets. We miss the family yet do the best to celebrate important events. Our granddaughter graduated today, school put together a car cruise for the kids while family and friends scattered along a 1 mile main street waving hooting, hollering and holding up banners in the direction of their equally decorated cars. Extreme social distancing by all and masks on about 40%. We did the best we could to celebrate this important milestone. We do this as California's cases are higher than ever. I can only hope this event on the heels of memorial weekend where many visitors came to recreate at recently opened lake (and the neighbor had his rv round-up of out of towners, 2x time this month). I laid low and worked on projects with wife. I sure hope our rural community does not unwittingly jump on the covid elevator.