We're heading into a "holiday weekend". The virus won't be taking any time off and it may likely enjoy unlimited access to new hosts via hosts that may not know they are affected. The surge in business afforded by the mini-throngs of people oblivious to dangers floating on the breeze has the potential to be the last cash injection some of the recipients will see in awhile. I hope that many people will enjoy the holiday at their home enjoying bbq and back yard games with a small circle of family and maybe friends that truly "have others backs".
I've enough experience in the past several weeks when I went to the stores on 5 or 6 occasions watching many others exhibit no respect for others. The worse example: a quick trip to the lumber yard an elderly woman masked up and a very obese late 50's woman (the type in stretch pants) walked fast to the door before me, I hung far back as they inched to a crawl and stopped in the doorway looking back and forth for a basket and a "mobility cart" baskets were far off to the right of the door and the elderly woman said well I can get by without it as the mobility carts have a basket, she disapeered into the store as the heavy loman stood blocking entry. It was a terrible sight and exchange with the masked clerk at the door offering a mask and gloves to the woman whom would not take either a good 2 minutes later the elderly woman rode up on the mobility cart and changed places with the obese, then it was her turn to interact with the clerk asking "did I hear you have masks and gloves" clerk says yes for people needing them and I see you are equipped. By now I have an elderly man standing on my heels and he's making comments and I offered to the clerk that it would be better for her station to be just a little further from the door, or, could she direct people to the opposite side of her so as to not cause a back up as created.
I entered holding my breath until I got well past the two ladies whom stopped less that 10 feet inside the door fumbling through some items on a revolving rack.
I mentioned to the manager (whom I know) that he ought to improve access and move displays far from the entry doors. He thought the idea great and after I checked out noticed two workers doing just that.
There are a lot of very challenged people out there. Appears challenged to potentially harm themselves or others.
All I needed was a sack of special cat food they carry.
Be careful out there guys....