Originally Posted by ChryCoGuy
Originally Posted by PhillyRag
At this point, I'd rather get the virus and take my chances, than deal with this crap for the next couple of years. 12 to 18 months before people can go to an event - church, sports, concerts, etc. - in Illinois? Not going to happen. People will riot first.

Kudos! A 2-4 week, maybe bed-ridden, sickness (for some) OR a 1>1-1/2 year long tormenting uncertainty (for all)? We'll never "contain" this within the US, without locking down state-to-state travel (i.e Hot-Cold Spots). An unlikely & very un american process to even consider. Country-to-Country maybe. But the Airline & Travel industry to fight either tooth&nail. Flattening the curve will just morph into Thinning the herd, as this eventually threads it's way to ALL areas of the country.

I say be careful what you wish for.

But... if this is really how you feel, it seems to me that catching the virus should be easier than not catching it. Why not help out some front line workers, which would be doing them a great favour, then if you catch it... win-win situation. shruggy

You want to be "safe". You can stay home. I don't care.

But I want to go to the race track and watch racing being live streamed. Because it is plain to see, IF WE DON'T GET GOING VERY SOON, MUCH OF IT WILL BE GONE WHEN THEY FINALLY ALLOW US TO GO BACK. GONE FOR GOOD.

Maybe you're OK with sitting home watching Seinfeld reruns with the blinds drawn while "social distancing". But that doesn't accomplish anything or pay the bills. Or allow people who have more interesting things to do to live a decent life.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 05/11/20 01:51 PM.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.