Originally Posted by jcc
In Florida, the Governor early on opened the vaccine to basically health care workers first, and then anyone over 65. The first problem here is limited supply that everyone knows about, accepts. But they are slowly widening the sites the vaccine is offered at as more becomes available. However when its announced to the public, its often haphazard and not uniform, and when its widely discovered of the new sites, the vaccines offered are often already filled. It' s making one wonder if there is an inside track to getting the vaccine, and the general public is always last to find out. I understand favoritism, but the government is getting so much heat to lower the restrictions, that there is likely to be millions in the 65 and up age group still un vaccinated when the lower the requirements we are now hearing around March 1st are disclosed, and the next waiting group is huge. There will be a lot of 65+ left out, if this pattern continues, sadly.

I think you're right. We started here in Michigan with health care workers, 65+ and public school employees all at once. It's been rough trying to get an appointment, but people are slowly getting through. I think Michigan caved to that heat right out of the gate and it is impacting the 65+ crowd from even being able to make the appointment. Appointments open up at 8:30am every Tuesday and the website is slammed. Available slots are filled in minutes if you're lucky enough to have the website respond in a timely manor and give the prompt to fill out your information. You've got to refresh the site multiple times in two or three windows in hope one of them gets through. Phone number to call is also always busy. I was lucky enough to get an appointment for my Mom yesterday. I can't possibly see how the majority of 65+ can deal with this. When it is opened up to even more there is bound to be a sizable number of 65+ that want it, but were unable to get it.

1987 Fifth Avenue - 512/518/D60