I typed this up in response to a comment about what if the world still only had the ability to text message... no smart phones.

When I went & googled up some SARS research...
I was a little surprised at where it led.. dates & locations right off the SARS wiki page.
No one really knows how many people Chinese just up & disappeared in 03...
----
It is interesting that no new SARS(also Corona) outbreaks occurred after 2004... That is, UNTIL after Chinese "Scientists" finally found the origin bat cave, in remote Yunnan China, in Dec 2017... The bats were then "studied" by scientists from the "Wuhan Institute of Virology" 1000miles away... just 2 short years later... Voila.. an upgraded version of Corona on steroids breaks out in Wuhan, and is blamed on the same horeshoe bats, still living 1000miles away in Yunnan, 😳

Hmmm... work The timing does make you wonder... 13yrs of nothing... Then the carrier bats are found in 2017 & then "studied 1000+ miles away", & only 2yrs later(Dec '19), an outbreak occurred at the "location of study" Wuhan, & NOT at the location where the bats actually live. 🤔
The world will likely never know what they did inside those boarders... either time. 😔