Originally Posted by PhillyRag
Originally Posted by jcc
[quote=McCandlessboy]Been saying it for weeks, this is a metabolic issue.

Sugar is now the new Tobacco, and the sugar industry will wage a similar battle to dispute any responsibility.

And Salt is the new Crack. Ever shop having to pay attention to salt content? It's alarming. Added in almost most foods Humans have an affinity when it comes to Salt in our foods. The "industry" know that & don't care.

Sugar plus Salt: Obesity & High Pressure. What's the problem? I'll have that foot-long Slimjim please.

Yes, Salt is a problem, but, a human must have some salt, there is no established salt industry compared to sugar, and I wonder if salt has any "addictive" qualities matching sugar. Sugar can lead to obesity, which contributes to high blood pressure, not sure if the reverse is equally true with salt.

Regardless, I haven't added salt to any of my foods in over 40 years, but my diet as you note still overwhelmed by use in prepared foods.

I think our diet/ overall health is one significant reason why the US has taken such a hit with this virus.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.