Originally Posted by 360view
Simple move of “less sitting, more sleeping” improves mood during pandemic

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-05-spent-mood.html

Sample quote

Making these subtle changes was associated with better current mood, but light physical activity also provided benefits for up to a year, the study found. While the research was conducted prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, Meyer says the results are timely given the growing mental health concerns during this time of physical distancing.

"With everything happening right now, this is one thing we can control or manage and it has the potential to help our mental health," Meyer said.

As states start to ease stay-at-home restrictions, Meyer is looking at changes in physical activity and sitting time with potentially interesting results for those who regularly worked out prior to the pandemic. Preliminary data from a separate study show a 32% reduction in physical activity.
End quote

“Light activity” certainly means working on automobiles

I just can't fathom sitting home doing nothing, having nothing to do, getting all depressed, PTSD, mental anguish, etc, etc, does everyone's life revolve around work and being social butterflies?.... I would have loved to had a few weeks off from work to enjoy my time to pursue my projects....