Interesting. A lawyer from New York who is now "an advisor to the Stanford University School of Medicine" pusing this idea up a flag pole. What's his stake in this?
Found to be not completely inaccurate days ago. It's a complete tragedy for our Government or Press to pawn the latest snake oil. I think it's best to let legitimate researchers do the work. I can't believe the media that stoops to offering false hope that leads segments of populations to throw caution to the wind. Right now older sick people are the most common victim. What happens should younger populations (by sheer numbers of miscreants who ignore public health directives) who are infected and infect others become the carrier of a morph that starts killing younger groups off? Remember shear numbers and flatten the curve.
Sound far fetched? This virus has already morphed as it is generally believed to have have started to an intestinal virus in bats and transferred to turtles or pangolins that were sold to be eaten at the market in China. At some time between bat and human it morphed into a respiratory virus that includes gene sequence seen in pangolin viruses. That is what we have now, scary virus transferred to humans by an odd looking food/medicine that has no cure. Who knows how this virus will look in a few days or months from now.
Shear numbers and flatten the curve so that there is less opportunity for this virus to morph leaving us with chasing cures.
I wrote Shear intentionally as we need to cut the number of infected people spreading this crap about.
P.S. ->Click<- For wWIRED article that explains the lawyer/consultant/smoke/mirrors.

Last edited by srt; 03/22/20 06:13 PM. Reason: P.S. Link at end