Originally Posted by DAYCLONA

Oh just cut it out will ya!, truth, reality and facts have no place being discussed here... smile

You're absolutely right! beer

Truth seems to be hard to find because of the folks who obfuscate the truth to protect themselves. To wit:

Originally Posted by CMcAllister
Can you quantify that?

Do you comprehend the destruction being done to this country every day that it remains closed?

I imagine the opportunity cost is fewer infections and dead people.

Apologies for the "doomsday propaganda."

And do you really think your right to be able to attend Taco Tuesday trumps the collective health of American society? The Supreme Court may disagree. Now I'm no Constitutional scholar, but I'd be willing to bet I have more of a clue than protesters telling an Asian nurse to "go back to China!"

The point that is missed is that governors have had to rise to the challenge because there has been no leadership at the top.

Not even close. Air travel from China was closed late in January

Not even close. Several airlines restricted travel from China on January 31, 2020; later that day, the president announced a restriction on a federal level, but it temporarily barred entry by foreign nationals who had traveled in China within the previous 14 days, with exceptions for the immediate family of U.S. citizens and permanent residents. It was not an outright closure.

Yes, it slowed the spread of the virus somewhat, but let's not call it a travel ban.

Plus, nine days before, he was quoted as saying, ""We have it totally under control." He said a similar thing a month later, adding, "Within a couple days is going to be down close to zero."

What's the number today?

The major decisions were left to the states - Idaho knows what it needs better than anyone, same with Florida, NY, etc. Governors know - or should have known - what resources they have, what they need, etc. The federal government can't be everyone's Mommy. There are things better done at that level.

Thanks to fumbling the response and unwilling to rise to the challenge that is required as a leader, he passed the buck to states eager to work with the federal government in protecting their public during this pandemic. This isn't "Mommy" @#$ (a disingenuous cop-out if there ever was one)--this is the kind of moment when the federal government uses its resources to work with the states on behalf of the American people.

That you want to politicize it by suggesting "so many governors are agenda driven drones" [sic] fails to recognize that it's governors both Republican and Democrat that feel let down by a leader unwilling to be presidential and who places politics over lives.

one governor made an executive decision to purchase virus tests from a foreign country because he wasn't getting what he needed from DC,

I wasn't aware that Mr.T was running the CDC. I thought that was being taken care of by the "experts". What I have seen is government red tape and dawdling cut through and a teaming up with private businesses to respond, get tests, equipment, and $#!^ done at a level and speed not seen since WWII. That's what has happened and I don't care if CNN and MSLSD feel the need to lie about it, or not.

We have a fragmented government response because our leaders at the top are not interested in ensuring "anyone who wants a test can get a test" despite making claims as such, not following CDC guidelines on masks, and burying a CDC report that it felt was not in line with the WH's agenda, which is another way of saying "Mr. T won't let the 'experts' do their thing." So who's got the agenda again? work

You forget, the Chinese lied and covered this up for months, allowed sick people to fly all over the world and when spit hit the fan, this virus had a real head start, We started with knowing very little about what we were dealing with just a few months ago. I think we've made fantastic, historic strides, getting things done in weeks the used to take years. Sorry if your friends at MSN are lying to you. Some of us are paying attention.

I haven't forgotten, and neither has anyone else. But what good is blaming the Chinese for subverting their response to the virus when our fearless leader is subverting ours? I have no interest in using the virus as a bargaining chip in the trade war we currently have; what I have an interest in is seeing a united response that matches the might, ingenuity, fortitude, integrity, and grace that I was led to believe my country was all about.

This is not the moment for petulant drama in the interest of an election year. It's truly pathetic.

Special thanks to those who objectively try to present the facts daily here. You are providing us a good service.