Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
It seems like an extreme over-reaction is in play. Just how lethal is this to an otherwise healthy person? Is Tom Hanks dead yet?
It was such a good thing, seeing so many enjoying the fruits of this great economy. This media induced panic could destroy it.

That's the way I see it, too. Media-induced mass hysteria. Influenza took over 27,000 people last year. Corona Virus so far has taken 108. Apparently, only the elderly, and those with compromised immune systems and lung issues need seriously worry. But then, look at how many elderly pneumonia takes each year.

What really pisses me off is they've Cancelled the Portland Swap Meet this year!! Both the Expo and PIR are CANCELLED. I look forward to that every year as it's one of few times I get to escape back to civilization.

I suppose luckily for me, back in January, my retarded former employer decided all his problems would go away by firing me. He did have to pay me out nearly 20 large as I'd been at the store almost a decade. When he told me I wasn't going to get my bonus, I slugged the SOB. But that's a whole other story....

So, I've been at home for 2-months living happily off my windfall, catching up on projects and generally being way happier than I used to be. I wish winter were over, that's for sure. But not having to work in a public place anymore with this crazy bug going around.... the idiot did me a favor!

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....