With a vaccine not predicted to be tested and available until next year, how is hiding in the house until then even practical?
The whole shelter in place plan is not to ride the storm out until it goes away, it is to flatten the curve so that the medical system won’t be overwhelmed.
When all is said and done somewhere between 30 and 60% of Americans will likely catch it regardless of what you do. Somewhere between 1 and 2% of those infected will likely pass away, though hopefully the mortality rate will diminish as treatments are developed.
In the meantime how is the stress being put on people by this going to affect their health, how many heart attacks, strokes etc is this causing?
Increases in drinking, overeating? Mental health? When all is said and done, perhaps these side effects will lead to the deaths of more people than Coronavirus?
Personally I know my blood pressure is high since around a month ago when it became apparent this was going to be more serious here than initially thought, and when the stock market where I’m heavily invested started crashing. And in only a week and a half of working at home, my back is stiff from sitting at an old desk with a less than optimum chair. Another month and my back will probably be trashed!
I’m trying to figure out ways to destress some, and cutting back on news is one thing that will help. Seeing the same half dozen people posting 24/7 in this thread makes me question if they aren’t endangering their health obsessing on this subject?
I’m not intending to trivialize the virus, but I do think constantly thinking about it might well be as much or more dangerous to ones health than the epidemic. twocents