Originally Posted by srt
I'm seeing a effort to assign the Wuhan Lab as the source and efforts to diminish responsibility.
My personal feeling that's all water under the bridge and greater effort needs to be expended looking forward to treatment and vaccine.

Really? I don't think so.

Of course, the priority right now needs to be to deal with it and get it under control while limiting the damage to the economy and people's lives.

After that, we need to be deal with the people who caused this and make sure it doesn't happen again. What ever it takes. No excuses. No nicey-nice. No negotiation. Fix it. Disconnect. Kick to the curb. Pull everything out.

The actions of the Chinese, that are slowly coming to light, need to be made public so that everyone knows the kind of savages we've been dealing with. They may or may not have deliberately released the agent, but they damn sure deliberately withheld critical information in order to horde medical supplies and put themselves in a more favorable position. Their actions directly and intentionally caused hundreds of thousands of deaths around the world, wrecked economies. And if we allow it, benefited themselves greatly with this.

They threatened to cut off critical supplies - supplies that we should be making here - because we were being mean to them. They blamed to US military for causing this. They engaged in shady dealings and shakedowns around the world to profit from this crisis. They are threatening their neighbors militarily. They are unremorseful, unwilling to accept any blame. They are criminals on a huge scale.

Water under the bridge my rearend. They need to be treated like the dirty, 3rd world craphole that they are by every civilized country in the world. Damn the cheap crap.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.