Not posted to detract from the data you linked. Data looks at where we've been and is helpful in developing hypotheses. I've become uncertain the data being provided is accurate and may be incomplete. Trends can still be a good for general info.
Looking to where we are going is very difficult to nearly impossible. Except, what I am seeing happening this weekend is almost certain to increase the foothold the virus has on our country. The push by some to "un-distance" and to endorse some optional activities is baffling to me. It's apparent all we know about transmission is doing little to dissuade social interaction at several well attended events across the country.
It is now reported 0.5% of US population has been tested positive and just shy of 6% of those have died. I would not be surprised if in a couple weeks we see a marked increase in positive tests. I'm finding it difficult to find what percentage of the population has been tested (not total tests given as there are re-tests).
I think being aware and reducing opportunities to be exposed is better than any medicine now available With no vaccine why risk unnecessary exposure?