It's difficult to have a thread as this with some reference to what the politicians are doing. I applaud the mods for allowing civil exchange.
It's pretty clear we need some smart relaxing of shutdown with a view of how areas are doing.
It's easy to read an see why some areas are not harboring a lot of cases. Yet some very rural areas could or can be a breeding ground (to wit: walmart in a very rural area noted above, and an Assembly of God Church in Redwood Valley or the Small community of Covelo Ca.). You all know areas in your State with few cases and there is generally a fair way to figure why. It's those areas citizens to have their officials carry their messages of need to the county and state level. That is how government works.
For now the system is limping along without leadership or guidance. My gut feeling it's the fear of being politically ostracized. Until some form of structure and guidance emerges we're going to have divide because the media only has to satisfy their base.
I think most people realize name-calling and lack of civility have no place in generating consensus. We here can do well to realize we can come up with the means to agree, if even to disagree. We'll get through this being smart, and civil to each other.