Originally Posted by CMcAllister
Originally Posted by PhillyRag
At this point, I'd rather get the virus and take my chances, than deal with this crap for the next couple of years. 12 to 18 months before people can go to an event - church, sports, concerts, etc. - in Illinois? Not going to happen. People will riot first.

Kudos! A 2-4 week, maybe bed-ridden, sickness (for some) OR a 1>1-1/2 year long tormenting uncertainty (for all)? We'll never "contain" this within the US, without locking down state-to-state travel (i.e Hot-Cold Spots). An unlikely & very un american process to even consider. Country-to-Country maybe. But the Airline & Travel industry to fight either tooth&nail. Flattening the curve will just morph into Thinning the herd, as this eventually threads it's way to ALL areas of the country.

Recent reports have confirmed cases increasing. Politicians and news drones present this as proof that we need to continue to sit home, destroy businesses, wreck the economy and for all intents and purposes, kill our way of life and standard of living. What they are not telling you is that testing has increased ten fold in the past month. Plenty of people had/have this with no or mild adverse effects. And now the testing is verifying and reflecting this. It is not an indication of a "spike" or "second wave". More dishonest, incomplete and/or taken out of context reporting. When they have to be dishonest, there is a reason for it.

They have people in a panic. I don't get flu shots or act silly during flu season. I do things to buck up my immune system. I haven't been incapacitated by any of this crap for many years. I am not afraid of this and I refuse to cower. There is a small chance I may get it. There's a smaller chance I may realize I have some symptoms. A smaller chance of being laid up, Much smaller chance of being critically ill. And a tiny, insignificant chance of dying. Fact.

But I AM scared to death that the "sky is falling" crowd is being allowed to kill everything. Businesses ARE dying, jobs ARE being killed, Restaurants and Mom & Pop stores ARE gone forever. Investments ARE gone. And even though many people don't give a damn, a subject that is of great concern to me as this effects everything I do, racing organizations and tracks ARE closing and folding. And people have stopped spending money. That's no maybe, no .001 chance of happening, it's real. And it's unnecessary.

So while some of you may be enjoying your little vacation sitting home on your ass getting paid, or retired and/or financially secure and don't care for now, when we come out the other side and much of what you took for granted is gone, then maybe you'll understand why people are pi$$ed and screaming bloody murder today.

The problem is, if you or I don't come out the other side, which of us will really understand or be screaming?

In car context, you have to first finish the race, in order to win it.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.