I don't buy into the logic that us consumers got anything good from china. A a youngster we'd go to china town and the little trinket booths were full of bamboo, plastic and polished shells that one could buy for a quarter or a buck. Now it's cheap porcelain and resin. The "dollar" stores we've so affectionately fallen for does not have anything for sale worth spending a buck. Harbor freight, I tried their tarps years ago and they didn't last a year. Their junk is just that, The villagers there still get a little pay per unit they do. We should expected trinkets.
Enter the worlds corporate mind set that includes cheap so profit can be made and design obsolescence so us consumers have to buy and re-buy. We taught them to build cheap and allowed them to steal designs,us consumers didn't do a thing because we didn't have a choice. The powers didn't do anything because they benefited.
Coronavirus guys, it started in China and the world got it. I've seen enough that leads me to believe we knew it was coming, were unprepared and the best people we had could not do anything to head it off. Now we know what needs to be done and we can't agree on that and no one want's to levy the standard that us citizens and local govt need to abide. Rather embarassing being number 1 right now.
Look at the projections on the economy, that continues to need propped up, the numbers of people dead and dying, and to yet die. Looks like as the worlds greatest country we've done a shameful job of keeping our numbers down. In second place on the tally sheet John Hopkins keeps Russia is second to us with 1/5th the amount of people diagnosed and 1/38th the deaths. I know the numbers are bs yet we squirm and point fingers and suggest collusion is at play. Extremely high likelihood, yet just where and what numbers are right, wrong, or spot on? We'll never know and everyone should dconsider doing what they need to get through this mess.